Monday 15 February 2010

Gourmet weekend

My weekend wasn't one of the most memorable in terms of activities (usual stuff Japanese lesson, pilates, rugby match...) but it was impressive for the food-related discoveries I made.
On Friday, on my way to meet my friends in a pub in Marylebone High Street I took the wrong street and I found myself in front of this little gem: The Golden Hind - Fish&Chips from 1914! I dragged my friends down and, despite it is very very busy, in 10 minutes we were seated (10 people!) and we had the most amazing meal for the cheapest price. This is definitely a hit!
Then on Saturday, not to lose the habit, we tried this charming gastro-pub on the corner of paul Street, near Old Street tube station. The atmosphere is cozy and the waiters are extremely kind (pretty unusual for a pub on a Saturday night). But the great surprise is the food: nicely presented and absolutely delicious! I had a chicken&mustard pie, which was delicate but tasty and totally fresh. I also had a pudding at the end (I normally don't!) which was chocolate-heaven.
xx Juls

No comments:

Post a Comment